Appalachian State University strongly encourages students to purchase a Dell or Apple laptop from the Campus Store.
- These computers are discounted with academic pricing.
- All Dell computers come with up to a 4 year warranty and include accidental damage.
- All Apple devices come with a one year manufacturer's warranty that can be extended with Applecare +.
To help you in your decision process, here are the minimum laptop specifications for most courses:
- Graphics Card: Integrated or dedicated graphics depending on departmental requirements. Reach out to the department you're interested in to find out about potential programs used.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or Apple M1 or better
- Memory: 8GB
- Storage: 265GB SSD or larger
- Other Minimum Specifications: Speaker, Microphone, Webcam
If it is within your budget to go up to recommended specifications, then we recommend the following:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or Apple M2 or better
- Memory: 16GB
- Storage: 512GB SSD or larger
The Appalachian State IT Technology Support Center, located in Anne Belk Hall Room 140, offers computer repair services and can also provide a loaner while your laptop is being worked on.
Check out our $1 Clearance Section in-store only!